Leukemia is among the fatal types of cancers. With very little known about the risk factors that may cause this condition, prevention as well as leukemia treatment is often overwhelming for the patients and medical practitioners as well. Of course, there are the standard therapies such as radiation, chemotherapy, and several prescription drugs that can be used for leukemia CLL treatments. However, the condition can be very distressing to live with. This is the reason why leukemia patients look for natural treatments that will help them improve their quality of life.
Natural treatment options for leukemia
It is not possible to completely treat leukemia. This implies that the disease cannot be completely cured; however, there are ways to reduce the spread of cancer to other parts of the body as well as to control its impact. Here are some effective natural methods which are believed to be beneficial for managing the disease.
- Garlic: Garlic contains allicin, which is the compound that gives it its unique flavor. This compound is believed to be very effective in fighting cancer causing cells by entering the blood stream.
- Olive leaf extract: This is another naturally available remedy that is known to offer some great aid with leukemia treatment. The olive leaf extract can boost the immune system and help with various other chronic myeloid leukemia treatments.
- Licorice root: The roots of licorice are useful in leukemia treatment as well as for different types of cancers. Licorice root slows down the growth of cancer cells; however, it has to be used in controlled amounts to prevent any side effects.
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera is known to have blood purifying properties which are useful in dealing with leukemia. Because, it detoxifies the blood, the spread of leukemia can be effectively controlled with the use of aloe vera.
- Raspberry: Raspberry is a delicious fruit with many antioxidants. These antioxidants help in the prevention of growth of abnormal cells while strengthening the immune system.
- Green tea: Green tea consumption on a daily basis is also useful for leukemia treatment. Green tea contains catechin that curtails proliferation of cancer cells.
These natural remedies might not be able to cure cancer, but they help the body in fighting malignant cells.